Saturday, January 16, 2010

Trusting Like "David"

Psalm 7:1-17
Once again, David makes clear who it is he puts his trust in and confesses God as his refuge, his deliver, his defense, his shield.

This is how David saw our God, do we?

I also believe that sometimes we get so involved in a wrong that may have been done to us that we don't stop and check ourselves first, we focus on the other person.

Look at verses 3-5
3 O Lord my God, if I have done this, if there is wrong in my hands

4 If I have paid back with evil him who was at peace with me or without cause have robbed him who was my enemy,

5 Let the enemy pursue my life and take it; yes, let him trample my life to the ground and lay my honor in the dust.

That was a pretty strong comment David made in verse 5. That gives us a sense of how important and how confident David was in his standing before the God of Israel. Obviously, David made sure he was free of wronging or hurting someone.
We seem, at times to be just the opposite, we are more concerned about ourselves being wronged and ask for justice first!
David in no way wanted to hurt anyone or wrong anyone, he wanted to maintain right standing and a pure heart before his God, that was his number one concern and should be our first concern also. Once that was established he then began to, desire justice, not the other way around

This portion of scripture also shows the consequences for those that are not in right standing before him: Verses 11-17; I surely do not want to be in that category!
To have a clear conscience before God is a wonderful and freeing thing; it allows us the confidence of approaching the Father knowing we are doing so in purity of heart, with pure motives and that in return God will justify.

We are in the last seconds of this old system of things, lets make our #1 priority getting right and staying right, having a pure heart and motives before our God.

Pastor Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment